Notice I didn't day Customers. Most companies would not treat their customers this way,

Our bill this month was $765.00. Rates went from .16 to .24 per KW

Last June our rates were .13 per KW

We got all kinds of reasons why the rate increased. They were planning for the hurricane season was a good one. They have to increase rates because of rising energy costs was another. The best one was " It is what it is"

If they did not have the ability to power all the consumers on their plan right now they would start having black outs. The technology is there. There are no new hires. There are no new generator plants popping up in a few days to meet Supply and demand. They are on the same band wagon as big oil.

They are going to do what they want and nothing you can do about it but switch and if you do they still own you for 2 payments and multiply that by the numbner of customers. Someone is getting a pretty good bonus this quarter.

Shame on them.

Shame on the regulators that dont make it a law that they have to notify you in a reasonable amount of time if there is going to be a rate increase.

Had an Experience with Dynowatt?

Comments

I am a Dynowatt customer,my rate went up and not quite doubled on one of my bills- then i enrolled in the 2 year flat rate plan-for signing up Dynowatt sent me a $100.00 check.Since I have the flat rate and i was sent a $100,00 everything has evened out.Even though I am paying 16 KWH.

I still get lower bills from Dynowatt then other companies in the past,.They hardly ever charge late charges and their base price is still cheaper.

Another thing I like about them is they give you lots of time to pay and do not turn off your electricity if you are late.When I was with Reliant Energy as soon as the day arrived that my bill was past due-I would hear the Reliant truck out in front of my yard ready to turn off my electricity,same goes for TXU.If I don’t have the money to pay one month I call or email Dynowatt tell them when I can pay the bill and they leave my electric on.

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia #21719

I am having a billing problem with Dynowatt.My bill last month was $585 dollars.

The bill I jut got today is $646 dollars. I'm a single mom so this hurts a lot. I have two more weeks until my switch to another provider takes effect and am stuck paying these high bills that I can't afford until it takes effect (or not pay and have it reported on my credit). I was a customer for a year with my variable rates always low at around .12 or .13 and low bills, never late, always paid on time.

The last two months my rate jumped to .22 and .24. Dynowatt refused to give the really low fixed rate they offer new customers when I called to complain (they were really rude too). They are not honoring their promise to always beat Reliant's rates which is what they promised me when I switched. So I'm leaving and I will never go back to those crooks.

I got no warning that my rate would over double and this should be illegal if it's not!I filed a complaint with the PUC, wrote the governor and news media.

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia #21689

I am having the same problem with Dynowatt.Their attittude is bend over with no vaseline.

My bill last month was $585 dollars. The bill I jut got today is $646 dollars. I'm a single mom so this hurts a lot. I have two more weeks until my switch to another provider takes effect.

It really angers me. I was a customer for a year with my variable rates always low at around .12 or .13 and low bills, never late, always paid on time. Dynowatt refused to give the really low fixed rate they offer new customers when I called to complain (they were really rude too). They are not honoring their promise to always beat Reliant's rates which is what they promised me when I switched.

So I'm leaving and I will never go back to those crooks.

I hope they go out of business from so many pissed off customers leaving.Count me in on a class action lawsuit!

Havana, Ciudad De La Habana, Cuba #20474

Governor can't be re-elected after 2 terms, can he/she?In any event, the Governor is not there for the people.

Nothing to be done for it but pay. I just can't believe that the deregulation of electricity in Texas was setup to beat the consumer into the ground without any recourse. The PUC didn't respond to me; not that I expected them to.

It's horrible.My bill went from $300 to $965 in one month!

Virgin, Utah, United States #19849

I am in the same situation also and finding more information all the time about these electric companies.Seems they can go in business with as little as 100 thousand backup money.

If they don't hedge their funds then they pass it on to the consumers. 5 companies in Texas have defaulted on their customers. How many more before the PUC is going to step in for the consumer???? What they don't tell you is they are still making money because they set there rates according to the price of natural gas but they still are making money buying electric that is made from coal as it is cheaper to produce.

. This is a mess in my opinon and might get worse before it gets better.

There are way to many loopholes for them to slide through too.We as a consumer are at the mercy of these big companies.

Sunne, Varmlands Lan, Sweden #19799

Same boat you are in.Contacted the PUC and they sent the same canned response that Dynowatt is sending customers.

PUC members are appointed by the governor.I've wrote the govenor and encourage everyone to do the same.

Will be a factor in my vote next election....